Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

History of Waco High School

Waco High School was originally located in downtown Waco. And, later at another location on the corner of North 19th and College Drive. In 1986, Waco High School was consolidated with Jefferson Moore High School (which was located in the building that houses A.J. Moore Academy) and Richfield High School, which was located on the former Rich Field, a World War I air base. The newly constituted high school was renamed Waco High School.
When the schools were merged the school board agreed to take one thing from each school to form the “new” Waco High. The lion mascot from Jefferson Moore High, the school colors (scarlet, white, and gray) and the campus of Richfield High, and finally the name “Waco High” from the historic Waco High School Tigers.
With the merger, Waco High was classified as a Texas Class 5-A school.
Today Waco HS has a student body of around 1700 students. Administration includes Principal Mr. Sam Saxton and assistant principals
Mr.Allred, Kyle
Mr.Alonzo, McAdoo
Mr. Johnson, Jerry
Ms. Kelly, Katina
Ms.Latchison, Daphanie

About Waco High School JROTC

Our program was first activated at A. J. Moore Academy August 2000 (NDCC). JROTC certification was obtained in June of 2001. Army instructors included MAJ. Conner and 1SG Terrell. In 2012 during the state budget cuts the school board voted to merge A. J. Moore Academy with University HS. The A. J. Moore JROTC program moved to Waco High School where it proudly resides today. Our current instructors are CSM Jones and 1SG Hart.

About Army JROTC

Army JROTC was first started in 1916 with only 6 units. As of 2010 in the program has over 1645 JROTC units, employ approximately 4,000 instructors and enroll 286,000 cadets. 

Site Map
Home | BOTB | Cadre | Calendar | Companies | History | Social Events | Staff | Teams


l \ \